Claudia P. Diaz Carrasco
21150 Box Springs Road, Ste 202
Moreno Valley, CA 92557-8718
951-683-6491 Ext. 222
San Bernardino County
Diaz Carrasco received her B.S. in Food Industry Engineering from ITESM in 2012, a M. Ag. in International Agriculture from Oklahoma State University in 2014, and a M.S. in Management and Marketing from Universidad Popular Autónoma del Estado de Puebla in 2015. As a graduate assistant, she conducted research on food security and coordinated community development projects in Puebla, Mexico. As an Area 4-H Youth Development Advisor, Claudia's primary focus is to develop, implement, evaluate, strengthen and expand local 4-H programming to better serve currently under-represented populations and places, including Latino and/or low-income youth in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Communication, Education, and Information Delivery
- Families, Youth, and Communities
- Youth Development
- International Trade and Development
- Community Food Security
- 4-H Program
- Diaz Carrasco, Claudia; Bird, Marianne (2016). “4-H as Culturally Responsive Program: Building an Afterschool 4-H Program that Engages Latino Youth and Parents in Sacramento, CA”. Columbia, MO, Fifteenth Annual Cambio de Colores Conference.
- Horrillo, Shannon; Diaz Carrasco, Claudia (2016). Redefining the 4-H Community Club Program to Engage Latino Audiences. Columbia, MO, Fifteenth Annual Cambio de Colores Conference.
- Henneberry, Shida Rastegari; Diaz Carrasco, Claudia (2015). Food Security Issues: Concepts and the Role of Emerging Markets. Food Security in an Uncertain World. Emerald Insight.: 63-79.
- Diaz Carrasco, Claudia; Fabregas, Maria (2015). The Transition from Mono-Cultural to Multi-Cultural 4-H Clubs. Kansas City, MO, Fourteenth Annual Cambio de Colores Conference.
- Fabregas, Maria; Diaz Carrasco, Claudia (2015). Tips to Recruit Latino Volunteers for 4-H Projects. Sacramento, CA, UC ANR Strategic Initiatives Conference.
- Henneberry, Shida; Diaz Carrasco, Claudia (2014). "Global Food Security: Emerging Economies and Diverging Food Markets." Journal of Food Distribution Research 45(1)
- Diaz Carrasco, Claudia (In Press). From Heart to Health: 4-H member helping local hospitals to better take care of their patients. San Bernardino, CA, UC Delivers.
- Fabregas, Maria; Diaz Carrasco, Claudia (2016). 4-H Youth Development trifold brochure in Spanish. California 4-H State Office.
- Fabregas, Maria; Diaz Carrasco, Claudia (2016). Healthy Living, Thrive, and Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) Spanish Posters. California 4-H State Office.
- Diaz Carrasco, Claudia (2015). 4-H youth putting together agriculture, science and healthy living! Riverside, CA, UCCE Riverside County Blog.
- Diaz Carrasco, Claudia (2015). Build your Future Program Snapshot. 4-H Riverside County (Marketing Materials).
- Diaz Carrasco, Claudia (2014). 4-H at a glance / Una Mirada a 4-H. 4-H Riverside County (Marketing Materials).
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Diversity in Youth Development - Member