Nutrition, Family and Consumer Sciences
NFCS Program at UC Cooperative Extension in Riverside County connects the people of Riverside County with research and resources from the University of California.
NFCS Program is working to address two UC ANR Strategic Vision 2025 Initiatives:
1) Healthy Families and Communities
- Promoting healthy behaviors for childhood obesity prevention
- Helping consumers make informed decision regarding food choices, nutrition and health
- Improving consumers' food management skills
2) Ensure Safe and Secure Food Supplies
- Educating community organizations and consumers on safe food handling practices
The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) is celebrating its 50 year anniversary this year! EFNEP Program has been in Riverside County since 1969. With our community-based, hands-on educational approach, EFNEP has directly impacted economic, obesity, and food insecurity challenges in Riverside County. Watch our video to learn more about the 50 years of EFNEP.