Cooperative Extension San Bernardino County
7863 Central Avenue
Highland, CA 92346
Riverside County, Indio Office
Orange County - UC Cooperative Extension
Los Angeles County
Amrita Mukherjee joined UC ANR in April 2022 as urban agriculture and small farms advisor serving Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, and Orange counties.
Originally from Bangladesh, Mukherjee grew up in a family of farmers and understands the struggles farmers encounter as laborers and as a business. Her upbringing inspired her to not only pursue a career in agriculture but to alleviate the hardships that often burden farmers. Previously, Mukherjee worked for the International Rice Research Institute where she examined flash flood risk management in her homeland. She also worked for the Horticulture Innovation Lab management team at UC Davis as an assistant specialist in Bangladesh, focused on the nutrition impacts of horticultural innovations.
Mukherjee earned a bachelor’s degree in agriculture from Khulna University, a master’s degree in biotechnology from Bangladesh Agricultural University, and a master’s degree in horticulture, plant biology and post-harvest physiology from Kansas State University.
SpecialtyUrban Farms and food system, Organic Vegetable Production, Nutrient Management, Small Farms, Control Environment Agriculture
- Deltsidis, A; A, Mukherjee (2016). New chimney dryer design results in faster drying due to higher air speeds. International Symposia on Tropical and Temperate Horticulture-ISTTH2016 1205. 157-164. 2016/11/20. https://www.actahort.org/books/1205/1205_18.htm
- Rezaul, Islam Mohd.; Amrita, Mukherjee (2015). Effect of spacing and fertilizer on the growth and yield of onion. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research. 4:10, 308-312. http://www.ijstr.org/final-print/oct2015/Effect-Of-Spacing-And-Fertilizer-On-The-Growth-And-Yield-Of-Onion.pdf
- Amrita Mukherjee, Mohd. Rezaul Islam Dr. Khondokar Mohammod Nasiruddin (2015). Study On Callus Initiation And Plantlet Regeneration Ability Of Some Rice Genotypes. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research. 4, 354-61. http://www.ijstr.org/final-print/oct2015/Study-On-Callus-Initiation-And-Plantlet-Regeneration-Ability-Of-Some-Rice-Genotypes.pdf
- Al, Musa MAA; MA, Ullah (2013). Effect of BARI wheat varieties on seed germination, growth and yield under Patuakhali District. Journal of Environmental Science and Natural Resources. 5:2, 209-212. 2013-04-29. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/JESNR/article/view/14816
- A, Mukherjee; S, Khandker (2011). Efficacy of some plant extracts on the mycelial growth of Colletotrichum gloeosporioides. Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University. https://scholar.google.com/citations?view_op=view_citation&hl=en&user=4NQrg94AAAAJ&citation_for_view=4NQrg94AAAAJ:9yKSN-GCB0IC. 9:452-2016-35718. https://ageconsearch.umn.edu/record/208618/
- Patrick, Abeli; Tricia, Jenkins (2021). Effects of Sampling Date, Cutting Length and Sampling Position on Cannabinoid Content of Industrial Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) Grown in Kansas. 2021 ASHS Annual Conference. ASHS. 2021/8/6. https://ashs.confex.com/ashs/2021/meetingapp.cgi/Paper/36198
- Amrita, Mukherjee; Patrick, Abeli (2021). Utilizing Colored Plastic Mulches to Improve Yield and Quality of Strawberries Grown in a High Tunnel Production System. 2021 ASHS Annual Conference. 2021 ASHS Annual Conference. https://ashs.confex.com/ashs/2021/meetingapp.cgi/Paper/35948
- Angelos, Deltsidis; Amrita, Mukherjee (2019). Examining Nutrition Impacts and Sustainability of Horticultural Innovations in Southern Bangladesh. 2019 ASHS Annual Conference. ASHS. 2019/7/22. https://ashs.confex.com/ashs/2019/meetingapp.cgi/Paper/31335
- A, Deltsidis; A, Mukherjee (2017). Amrita Mukherjee Innovative technologies to enhance availability of nutritious foods in Bangladesh. 2017 ASHS Annual Conference. ASHS. 2017/9/20. https://ashs.confex.com/ashs/2017/meetingapp.cgi/Paper/26658